Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Velocitation-Does This Happen In Bike Races?


Velocitation is caused by long periods of high speed travel. The eyes become fatigued in the horizontal plane due to images streaming through the windshield. Velocitation can be noticed when entering slower traffic after long periods of country driving. A sudden drop in speed gives the illusion that you are traveling much slower than you actually are. When you experience velocitation, stop for several minutes and allow the eyes to rest.

I'll be doing some racing here soon that will allow me to experiment with this.....I'll get back to you on it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Laurel, it could be Vertigo. I am suffering from a whicked case of it now. You totally just described it (ecept my eyes dont rest) !! Riding with it is a total pain in the tush.

Ride fast chick!

Rocking the Cow Power,
Brandy