Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Giro de San Francisco-Big Girls, Big Bumps, Big Field


The weather was beautiful, although very windy. There were, I think maybe 35-40 women on the line. A very strong group of Elite Amateur women who pretty much run the show when it comes to Northern California racing. There were potholes galore, and some uneven patches of pavement, forcing all of us to really handle our bikes. For the most part, I think we all did. The finish was about position, position, position. In order to be a contender, you have to get yourself forward before the last turn. I was not as far forward as I should have been, so I had to rely on my "sprint?" to get me by a few riders on the final stretch after the last turn. I ended up 12th place. I was pleased with this because I have not raced the Nor Cal Regional circuit in 2 years! It was great to be back. I feel lucky to be a part of such a talented female cycling community!
This week: Infineon raceway, for a little steep hill, and sweeping wide turns.

No comments: