Saturday, July 12, 2008

The Victories of the Inner World at the Cascade Cycling Classic

Well, I didn't finish Stage 5 of Cascade today.....and I ended up having a great ride in the high desert of Bend, Oregon instead. I feel satisfied with what I came here to do. I believe the demons I came to slay with this event went down in Stage 2. The slow TT on Day 3 represented that, and I was lucky to get to dance around in my specialty at the criterium Friday night. What a great feeling to actually hold my head high (not higher, mind you) amidst a bunch of folks who can't even look me in the eye because I'm not kicking their ass. Due respect and compassion to every one of my competitors. If my write ups were about them, their names would be here. This sport is amazing. The strong get stronger, whether it's those left on the bike or off the bike. I love cycling for that reason, and will continue to do it as long as there's more to build in my inner world with it. Another victorious adventure with bike racing.

My SouthBay Wheelmen Teammates did a really good job finishing the entire stage race. They are such an incredibly sound bunch. I absolutely loved supporting them, and getting to work for them when I could.

Morgan Kapp was an awesome 22nd overall in the General Classification of 61 finishers, Kelli Jones was 58th overall, and Jennifer Reither was 45th overall. STUDS!!!

I am looking forward to getting to some plain 'ol criterium racing in the Midwest.. with my AWESOME teammate Starla!

More later....

Thanks for checking in.


1 comment:

EB said...

Good for you, Laurel. You're a great bike racer & your attitude toward it all is incredibly inspiring to me.

Give those demons hell at Superweek.