Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Mandalay Bay Super Crit in Las Vegas-Sunlight, Twilight, Bright Lights

The course was flat and fast. There were about 60 women on the line. Big guns from all over. Cheerwine ruled the day, no surprise there. Aaron's had some riders on the line, some other strong solo riders. It was warm, and oh so dry. It was hard to move forward in the field, but with about 10 laps to go, I finally started edging forward. With two to go, I had made it to the top third of the field, and was moving forward when a rider on my right, tipped into a metal barricade. I did not go down, but I was gapped with several other riders, and we chased for the last lap and a half. I ended up 29th out of about 54 finishers, and I was upright. More next season. Look for updates on my new team, and other cool things I am up to.